About Us

Rev. Thomas K. Oommen
Bishop

Madhya Kerala Diocese

The Madhya Kerala Diocese is one of the twenty-four dioceses of the Church of South India covering the central part of Kerala. When the Church of South India was formed on 27 September 1947, it was called the Diocese of Central Travancore and was later renamed the Diocese of Madhya Kerala. It was a part of the erstwhile Anglican Diocese of Travancore and Cochin founded in 1879.


Kerala, the State, clothed in nature’s finery, protected by the Rocky Mountains in the East and washed by the waves of the Arabian Sea in the West, has been blessed with Christianity from the first century. Tradition has it that it was St. Thomas, the Apostle of Jesus who brought Christianity to Kerala. The Ancient Syrian Church of Malabar had links with Christian centers in West Asia. The winds of the Reformation which rocked Europe in the 16th century swept India as well with the coming of the missionaries of the Church Missionary Society, the London Missionary Society and the Basel Mission..


The Church Missionary Society (CMS), was a society organized by some evangelicals of the Church of England on April 12th 1799 to help the propagation of the Gospel in Africa and in the East. The CMS was of course, the child of ‘Evangelical Anglicanism’ and its original name was ‘The Society for Missions in Africa and the East’. After a few years, the title “The Church Missionary Society” was formally adopted.



History

British Connection with Travancore

The origin of Travancore’s connection with British goes back to 1685, when the English East India Company established a factory at Anjengo in Travancore by obtaining land from the Attingal Rani (the Queen of Attingal). The English established the factory mainly with a view to breaking up the Dutch monopoly in those parts. Thus a cordial relationship between the East India Company and Travancore was developed.

In the second half of the 18th century. the fear of invasion from Haider Ali and Tipu Sultan, compelled Travancore to depend for her safety on the English East India Company. In November 1795, a treaty of perpetual friendship and alliance was signed between the Rajah of Travancore and the East India Company. The treaty was again modified in 1805, which established British paramountcy over Travancore. As a result of these treaties, the British Residents were henceforth to represent Great Britain at the Court of Travancore. The first two residents were Col Colin Macaulay (1800-1810) and Col John Munro (1810-1819), who were protestant Christians of strong convictions; interested in the affairs of Jacobite Syrians.



The C.M.S. in Travancore

The origin of the work of the C.M.S. in Travancore can be traced to the Rev R H Kerr and the Rev Claudius Buchanan, who paid visits to the Malabar Syrians in 1806, during the episcopate of Mar Dionysius. It was Lord William Bentinck, who sent Dr Kerr to Travancore for the purpose of investigating the state of the native church. E M Philip tells us that, “he (Kerr) expressed to the Metropolitan of the Syrian Church a hope that one day a union might take place between the Syrian and the Anglican Church and that he seemed pleased at the suggestion.”

The next friendly Anglican visitor was Dr Buchanan, who evinced a keen desire that the Syrian Church and the Church of England should be brought closer together. His speech at the C M S Anniversary in 1809 and his famous book, “Christian Researches in Asia”, drew the attention of the English people to the Syrian Christians of Travancore.

According to W J Richards, a C M S Missionary in Travancore, in the beginning of 19th century the religious and social conditions of the Syrian Christians were pathetic. The people were steeped in ignorance and superstitions. The Jacobite Syrian Church was also at this time at a very low spiritual level. This is clear in the words of the Syrian Metropolitan, when he had an interview with Dr Buchanan in which he says, “you have come to visit a declining church.”



Mission of Help to The Syrians

The C M S Mission of Help to the Jacobite Syrians of Kerala was started in the year 1816, of which the initiative came from Col Munro, the then British Resident of Travancore. There were two main purposes behind the Mission of Help to the Syrians. First of all, through the work of the C M S Missionaries among the Syrians, to effect the renovation of their Church and to raise them from their degradation.

Secondly, the British Resident as well as the missionaries hoped that, “a strong and friendly Christian Community will be a support for the British power in Malabar”. Rev Thomas Norton was the first missionary who came to Travancore in this connection. He was soon followed by Benjamin Bailey (1816), Joseph Fenn (1818) and Henry Baker (Sr) (1819) who are popularly known as the "Kottayam Trio".

These three concentrated their work among the Syrians, where as the pioneer missionary, Norton focused his work among the outcastes in Alleppey.

The work of the missionaries among the Jacobite Syrians was mainly on the education field. Fenn took charge of the college for training the younger clergy; Bailey devoted himself chiefly to literary and translation work and the press, while Baker took charge of the parish schools up and down the land. Though the relationship between the missionaries and the Jacobite Syrians went on well without many problems in the beginning, it did not last long. The change of leadership in the Jacobite Syrian Community as well as the change of missionaries caused much problem in the relationship. During the second half of the Mission of Help, the pioneer missionaries went on furlough.

While they were away new men came on the scene, Joseph Peet (1833-1865) and W J Wood Cock (1834-1837). The young missionaries were rather impatient about the slow progress being made and were sometimes rash in their actions. The visits of the Rev J Tucker, Secretary of the C M S Corresponding Committee at Madras, and Bishop Wilson, the Anglican Bishop of Calcutta did not heal the wound, these two being uncompromising evangelists. This was followed by a Synod of the Syrian Christians at Mavelikkara on 16th January 1836, in which the Jacobite Syrian Community under Mar Dionysios IV, the then Malankara Metropolitan decided to break all their relationships with the Church of England. With this we see an early death of the twenty-year-old C M S Mission of Help to the Syrian Church of Travancore.



Was the Mission of Help a failure? An eminent Hindu, Diwan Bahadur Nagamiah says in the Travancore State Manual that, “Although the Syrians headed by their Bishop had thus forrnally parted company with the Church Missionary Society, the teaching of the missionaries for more than twenty years had not been without result, and there was among the Syrians a party who was influenced by that teaching.”

Missionaries Turn to The Masses

The dissolution of the contract between the C M S and the Syrian Metropolitan after 20 years of beneficial work was no doubt says, C M Agur “a great disappointment” With the snapping of ties, the missionaries directed their attention to the despised and the downtrodden Ezhavas, Malayarayans (Hill Arrians), and the outcastes of Central Travancore.


Due to the impact of the work of the C M S among the Syrian Christians, soon after the separation with them, several Syrian Christians who were attracted towards the reformation joined the Anglican Church. In certain cases, the whole Syrian parishes joined with the missionaries. Therefore, the missionaries began to serve them as parish priests too.

In 1840, Bishop Spencer of Madras, who succeeded Bishop Daniel Corrie after his death in 1837, made his first episcopal visit to Malabar soon after the Archbishop of Canterbury had put the congregations of Travancore under the Episcopal oversight of the Bishop of Madras. Thus the Anglican Church was fully established in Travancore in 1840. By 1840’s missionaries started systematic evangelism among the non-Christians, especially those of the lower classes. In 1848 Baker reported that he baptized thirty five individuals. He again speaks: “They have been Chogans. Two I had rescued from slavery very accidentally.” In 1850, Rev J Hawksworth wrote, "The visible success of this mission during the past half-year has been almost exclusively among the 'heathen'".



Institutions

Colleges

• CMS College Kottayam
• Peet Memorial Training College Mavelikara
• Bishop Moore College Mavelikara
• Bishop Speechly College Pallom
• CSI College for Legal Studies Ettumanoor
• Baker Memorial College for Women Kottayam
• Bishop Moore College for the Hearing Impaired Adoor


Higher Secondary Schools:

• BM Girl's HSS Kottayam
• BH HSS Mavelikara
• CMS HSS Mallapally
• CMS College HSS Kottayam
• CMS HSS Kuzhikala

Self- Financing Schools:

• Bishop Moore Vidyapith Mavelikara
• Bishop Moore Eng. Med. HSS Mavelikara
• Hawksworth Vidyapith Tholassery
• Baker Vidyapith Kottayam
• Bishop Speechly Vidyapeeth Pallom
• Bishop Moore Vidyapith Kayamkulam
• Bishop Moore Vidyapith Cherthala

High Schools:

• CMS College HS Kottayam
• BM Girl's HS Kottayam
• BH HS Mavelikara
• CMS HS Malappally
• B I Girl's HS Pallom
• CMS HS Mundakayam
• CMS HS Kuzhikala
• CMS HS Kattanam
• CMS HS Kumplampoika
• CMS HS Nedungadapally
• CMS HS Pallom
• CMS HS Punnavely
• CMS HS Olassa
• CMS HS Puthupally
• CMS HS Kanam
• CMS HS Thiruvalla
• CMS HS Thalavady
• CMS HS Mundiapally

Special & Upper Primary Schools:

• CSI VHSS for the Deaf Thiruvalla
• CSI HSS for Partially Hearing Manakkala
• CMS UPS Athirunkal
• CMS UPS Chelakompu
• CMS UPS Karappuram Mission
• CMS UPS Kattampakkal
• CMS UPS Kodukulanji
• CMS UPS Kulathupuzha
• CMS UPS Nallanikunnu
• CMS UPS Punnackad
• CMS UPS Ranni

Boarding/ Hostels:

• Baker School Boarding House Kottayam
• Bishop Moore Vidyapith Girl's Hostel Mavelikara
• Bishop Moore Vidyapith Boys’ Hostel Mavelikara
• CMS Industrial School Hostel Kottayam
• Sr. Rachel Joseph Hostel Mavelikara
• Cathedral Hostel for Women Kottayam
• Lea Hostel, CMS College Kottayam

Other:

• CSI Counselling Centre Kottayam
• CSI Retreat Centre Kottayam
• Diocesan Book Depot Kottayam
• Diocesan Book Depot (Noah’s Arch) Adoor
• Eco Spirituality Centre Othara
• Eco Tourism Centre Kumarakom
• Home Wood Eco Spirituality Centre Kodaikanal
• CSI Youth Centre Changanacherry

Teacher Training Institute:

• CNI TTI Kottayam
• BI TTI Pallom

Theological Education:

• Bishop Mani Theological Institute CSI Retreat Centre, Kottayam.

Diocesan Sunday School - A brief History

The efforts of Robert Rakes of England to teach the children Bible stories in a systematic way resulted in the formation of an organization called the Sunday School in 1780. Within a few years it had spread to many countries and by 1790 about 3 lakh students had become Sunday school students. The world Sunday school union was formed in 1808 and India Sunday Schools union started functioning at Allahabad in 1876.

The early CMS missionaries who came to Kerala began teaching The Bible to children also, and therefore Sunday schools were already functioning in many of the Churches established by these missionaries. Systematic Sunday school work is understood to have been started, in 1880, at Mallappally, by Arch Deacon Oommen Mammen who got in touch with the India Sunday schools union roughly around that time. Hence 1880 is considered to be the year of starting formal Sunday schools in our Diocese.

It took some more years to get this movement well organized in the Diocese. Rev. K.O. Philip was appointed as the first General Secretary of the Diocesan Sunday school in 1924 and Rev. M M John (later became the Bishop of Madhya Kerala Diocese) took up this responsibility in 1934. ‘Balajanaperunal’, the birthday of the Diocesan Sunday school, was started in 1945. Regular examinations for the children and teachers according to the syllabus of the All India Sunday Schools union were held from 1927 onwards. The mission support by the Sunday school children for the work in Nadikooda, one of the villages under the Parkal Mission, started in 1938. Though VBS (Vacation Bible School) ministry was taken up formally and systematically by the Diocesan Sunday school only in 2003, the first VBS in the Diocese was conducted as early as 1954.

Training camps for teachers of the Sunday schools are held by the Diocese from the 1920s and the annual Sunday school camp at the Diocesan level was started in 1982. Competitions in various disciplines at the Diocesan level are conducted since 1983. ‘Njanasandesamâm, the quarterly publication of the Sunday school was commenced in 1998. A correspondence course for Bible study called ‘Vissuasa prayanam’ was started in 2003. Mission Sunday is celebrated from 2001 and the collection of that day is used for the support of a Home Mission field of the Diocese. Junior Missionary Association JMA, started functioning in 1986 in order to encourage children for missionary work. It was defunct for a few years but was revived again in 2005.

The following persons served as General Secretaries of the Diocesan Sunday School from 1924 till date:
• Rev. K. O. Philip
• Rev. M. M. John (Later Bishop of Madhya Kerala Diocese)
• Rev. A J Kurian
• Rev. C K John
• Rev. C T Mathew
• Rev. Jacob Varghese
• Rev. P A. John
• Rev. C. H. Ittycheriah
• Rev. Thomas Samuel (Later Bishop of Madhya Kerala Diocese)
• Rev. P. V. Jacob
• Mr. Joseph Mani
• Rev. Dr. K T Kurian
• Rev. Sam Samuel
• Rev. Prof. Itty Mathew (as Director)
• Rev. Jacob Daniel
• Rev. Ninan Jacob
• Rev. Mathew P George
• Rev. M. A. Jacob
• Rev. Jiji John Jacob

Diocesan Youth Movement

India became independent on August 15, 1947, and one month later, the formation of the Church of South India took place, its inauguration on 27th September 1947 was a historic event - an Indian Church in an Indian - ruled country. The formation of the Church of South India was one of the remarkable events in the History of Christianity.

The CSI Madhya Kerala Diocesan Youth Movement is the first Christian Youth Movement in Asia. The earliest form of the Diocesan Youth Movement was the ‘Annual Anglican Youth League’ which was started by Bishop Charles Hope Gill. In 1916, during the time of the centenary celebrations of the Church Missionary Society Activities in Travancore-Cochin, the missionaries felt the need of utilizing the creative and physical potentials of the youth for the betterment of the Church and the society. For this reason, to unite the Youth, the missionaries started the ‘Annual Anglican Youth Conference’. The very aim of the Annual Conference was to invite the youth to serve the church and the society through the love of Jesus Christ and thus lead them to better dedication and commitment. It was in English language that they arranged the sessions of the conference. From 1932 onwards, an annual conference was started in Malayalam for the non-English speaking people.

In 1942, the organisation became very strong which was known as ‘Youth League’ and started district level conferences in all the 10 ecclesiastical districts of the diocese. In 1947, a full time general secretary (Mr. John Ramakrishna Pillai) was appointed for the smooth functioning of the organisation. Till this time there were no women participation in the conferences. In 1959, the ‘Yuvatheesamajam’ which was an integral part of the Women’s Fellowship merged with Youth League. In 1978, the name of the organisation was changed from’ Youth League’ to ‘Youth Movement’.

Diocesan Women’s Fellowship

Women’s Fellowship of Madhya Kerala Diocese is one of the effective bodies of the diocese with a strong structure, which works towards the empowerment of women, both in the spiritual and secular fields. Geographically the diocese occupies the central part of Kerala. Madhya Kerala Diocese came into existence on 27 September 1947 when the Chucrh of South India was formed.

Mrs Gill started the ‘Mother’s Union’ in 1909 on St. Mary’s day. When the ‘Women’s Fellowship’ of CSI was formed in 1948 the ‘Mother’s Union’ merged into it.

The present Office Bearers:

  • President -Dr. Susan Thomas
  • General Secretary -Ms. Mercy jacob
  • Vice President -Mrs. Susan Kuruvilla
  • Treasurer -Mrs. Moly Jacob
  • Joint Secretary -Mrs. Saramma Jacob

Under the auspices of the Women’s Fellowship, several programmes and projects are done. One such programme is Divyabodhini. It is a comprehensive theological educational programme. Classes are held in four centres. The classes primarily focus on the empowerment of their physical, mental and spiritual abilities, so that those dormant skills can be awakened and utilised for the upliftment of their families, churches and communities at large. The diocese comprises of 123 pastorates and many outstations and 12 districts with Womens Fellowship district secretaries. These secretaries look after the functioning WF works in their respective areas. WF members from each district meet in one place in the district four times a year to visit houses, irrespective of caste or creed to proclaim the godspel and for Bible study and intercession.

Every year the ‘World Day of Prayer’ is observed during the first Friday in March. The first Sunday in March is observed as the Women’s Sunday. We have the Annual Conference of the WF usually during the month of May. Besides we have the fellowship of the least coin also. Both men and youngsters encourage the WF with their ardent support. God is sustaining the WF through thick and thin for the last 64 years.

Magazine: Kudumbapriyavadini: the newsletter of Women’s Fellowship, publishes articles on biblical study, family, health, mental health, women’s problems, privileges and duties, Christian education, Christian values and many other matters.

Projects

• Jewel Box: Jewel Box is a restaurant run by the WF. This is situated in the Baker Compound.
• Pisgah: A Home for retired single women.
• Babyland Creche/ Day Care Centre: More than 20 children between the age of one and a half to three and a half are being looked after during the day time.
• Agape: Wafer used for communion is being made here.
• Anil Memorial Home for the Aged: Dr Mary George presented her Bungalow at Mavelikara to WF to convert it into an Old Age Home in memory of her son Anil.
• Tabitha Tailoring Centre: Surplice, Stoles, Choir uniforms and other church vestments are made here.
• Asha Bahavan Respite Care Centre: Asha Bahavan is for the Mentally and Physically challenged girls. This centre is at Kanakkary, near Ettumanoor.
Most Rev Thomas K Oommen, Moderator of CSI and Bishop in CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese is the Project Holder of this Ministry.

Diocesan Child Care Ministry - A Glance

The Anglican Diocese of Travancore and Cochin, which had been in existence since 1879, came to be known as the Diocese of Central Travancore on the formation of the CSI on 27th September 1947. Subsequently, it was renamed the Diocese of Madhya Kerala in 1962. It has a membership of 2.75 lakhs in 12 District Councils. Total number of Congregation in and out Kerala is 382.

The Child Care Ministry of CSI Diocese of Madhya Kerala is working under the Children’s Welfare Board with a vision to uplift the poor and the unfortunate children of Madhya Kerala. The Program focuses on helping and sustaining the poor and the under privileged children in our economically backward society and also their families to have self-esteem and creditability of their life. Now the Child Care Ministry supports 657 children irrespective of caste and creed who are in different Day Care Centres, Child Development Care Projects and Residential Projects. The Children who had been in this project has come up in life and attained creditable status in the society. Still there are many children deserving support for their development.

Aim

• To assist needy children irrespective of caste and creed to lead a meaningful life.
• To help them to build up their character.
• To make them aware of the needs of others and the importance of sharing and helping.
• To equip them with the ability to be self-reliant.
• To ensure financial stability by introducing appropriate development activities to the families of the children and the community around.

Mission

• Beth-za-tha (Spirituality and Guidance centre, Vellore).
• Telangana Mission
• Parakal Mission
• Adoor Mission
• Mysore Mission
• Bhilai Industrial Mission
• Charkari Mission
• Malayora Mission
• Kuttanadu Mission
• Orisha Mission
• Palani Hills Mission
• Thottapradesha Mission
• Uttaranchal Mission

A. Early Child Hood Care:

• Day Care
• Food & Clothing
• Medical Care
• Preliminary Education
• Overall Development

B. School Going Program:

• Food and Clothing
• Educational Assistance
• Free Tuition
• Medical Care
• Career Guidance
• Leadership & talent development
• Extra- Curricular activities

C. Community Development:

• Community Health
• Education
• People’s Organization
• Empowerment of women
• Income generation
• Awareness Generating programs
• Environmental care
• Basic infrastructure Developments
• Human Resource Development

Diocesan Officers


Rev. John Isaac

Clergy Secretary

CSI Madhya Kerala Diocesan Office, Cathedral Road, Kottayam- 686 001.

0481-25672724
09496083873

Dr. Simon John

Lay Secretary

CSI Diocesan Office, Cathedral Road, Kottayam-686 001.

0481-2567274
09447257187

Rev. Thomas Paikad

Treasurer

CSI Diocesan Office, Cathedral Road, Kottayam-686 001, Kerala.

0481-2567274(O)
0481-2566931 (R)
09447414013
mkdtreasurer@gmail.com


Mr. Jacob Philip

Registrar

CSI Diocesan Office, Cathedral Road, Kottayam - 686 001, Kerala.

0481-2567274
09446117221
jabym2003@yahoo.co.in

News & Events

News
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese
  • CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese

CSI Sunday Celebration Gathering in Madhya Kerala Diocese

 

Church of South India Formation Sunday was celebrated by the Madhya Kerala Diocese on 23rd, the nearest Sunday to September 27th, the date the formation of CSI took place in 1947. The event was inaugurated by the Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen. Keynote address was given by Prof. George Koshy, the former General Secretary of the CSI Synod. Rev. John Isaac (Clergy Secretary), Dr. Simon John (Lay Secretary), Rev. Thomas Paikad (Treasurer), and Mr. Jacob Philip (Registrar) of the diocese gave leadership to the event, which was held at the Bishop Speechly Nagar in Pallom. Various churches, institutions, organisations and individuals presented cultural programmes.

Read More

  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.
  • Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.

Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen visits the flood- affected areas of Kuttanadu in Kerala.

Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen, the Moderator of the Church of South India, visited Kuttanadu, the low- lying area in Kerala which is inundated by the havoc played by the continual rains. He visited the people who are adversely affected by the flood and distributed relief materials.

This is one of the worst floods Kerala has ever witnessed. Thousands of houses are still flooded with water, crops are destroyed, buildings collapsed, and above all many of the lives are lost in this flood. The Moderator took a personal interest in the relief work and did not hesitate to reach out to the suffering people. His wife Ms. Susan Thomas, who is the President of CSI Synod Women’s Fellowship, also accompanied her to these flooded areas. Rev. John Isaac, the Clergy Secretary, Rev. Jacob George, Rev. Prasad, Rev. Bini M. Jose, Rev. Mathews P. Oommen and mission board members coordinated the visit.

When the day-long visit was over, Most Rev Thomas K. Oommen urged the churches of the Madhya Kerala Diocese and other dioceses of Church of South India, especially the dioceses in Kerala, to come forward with more help for the people who are suffering by the unprecedented floods in Kerala.  

Read More

  • The First Anglican Worship in Kerala by Late Missionary Rev. Thomas Nortna Revisited

The First Anglican Worship in Kerala by Late Missionary Rev. Thomas Nortna Revisited

The 200th year of the first Anglican Worship in the soil of Kerala, which was conducted by the illustrious missionary Rev Thomas Norton, was commemorated with a thanksgiving worship service in Christ Church, Alleppey. The worship service was led by Rt. Rev. Dr. Oommen George, the Bishop in CSI Kollam Kottarakkara Diocese. Rev. Alex P. Oommen, the vicar of the Church welcomed the gathering and presented the glimpses of this great past. 

Read More

  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator
  • New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator

New Church Dedicated in the Mission Field by the Moderator

New church building for the CSI St. Mark's Church, Budharam, was dedicated by the Most Rev. Thomas K. Oommen, CSI Moderator and Bishop in CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese (MKD), in a solemn worship service assisted by Rt. Rev. Dr. K. Reuben Mark, Bishop of CSI Karimanagar Diocese. The Diocese of Madhya Kerala is grateful to Mr. Ch Shankar who donated the land for church and to the members of the CSI St. Mark's Parish Olessa, who were the sponsors of the new building. This is the outcome of the vision of Rev. Felix Mathew, the former vicar along with Parish committee members and the team from Olessa Parish, who visited the mission field earlier. The mission field is thankful to all the members of Olessa parish and the present vicar Rev. George Cherian.  Rev. Thomas Paikad (Treasurer CSI MKD), Mr. Jacob Philip (Registrar of CSI MKD)., Rev. Jacob George (Director of MKD Mission Board ) Rev. Das George ( Secretary MKD Mission Board), Rev. Dr. Varghese K. Cherian (former Missionary Parkal), Rev. Jacob John Mullackal (Vicar, CSI Kallumala), Rev. P. Babu Rao (Vice- Chairman of KD), Rev. E. Paul (Ministerial Secretary of CSI Karimnagar Diocese), members from CSI Kallumala, Missionaries, sisters and the Faith Community attended the dedication service.

Rev. Shalu T. Mathew
Missionary

 

Read More

  • Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator
  • Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator
  • Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator
  • Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator
  • Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator
  • Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator
  • Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator

Golden Jubilee Mission Tower in Telangana Mission, Mogullapally, Dedicated by CSI Moderator

The Golden Jubilee Mission Tower commemorating the 50th Anniversary of CSI Telangana Mission (the erstwhile Andhra Mission) was dedicated by the Moderator of the Church of South India and the Bishop in Madhya Kerala Diocese (MKD), Most Rev Thomas K. Oommen on the 13th June 2018. Rt. Rev Dr. K Reuben Mark, the Bishop of CSI Karimnagar Diocese blessed the occasion with his presence.  Thousands of believers were present during the auspicious occasion. The Rev. Thomas Paikadu; Treasurer of CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese, Mr Jacob Philip; Registrar of CSI MKD, the Rev. Jacob George; Mission Board Director CSI MKD, Rev.Das George; Mission Board secretary, Rev. P. L. Shibu; Youth Secretary, Youth Working president Mr Siljo Stephen, Telangana Mission Secretary Mr. Moncy Peter, Telangana Mission Treasurer, Dr. Ashok Alex Philip and Many Priests From CSI MKD were present representing the Madhya Kerala Diocese.  Office bearers of Karimnagar Diocese, former missionaries, sisters, doctors, teachers and evangelists were also present during the function. The foundation stone for the tower was laid on 26-11-2016 during the Jubilee year.  The CSI Mission Hospital Complex will function in the tower building, which will continue to be a great service to the local community since 1973, when the pioneer missionaries Very Rev P.O. Ninan and Mrs Nancy Ninan started healing ministry in the same place. Ever since, the hospital has been a boon to thousands suffering from snake bite and scorpion stings.  The renovated hospital will improve the health standards with medical laboratory, examination room, daycare facility and other basic amenities required.  The tower also has a chapel and guest rooms in the first floor.  Presently, Rev Anil Thomas is working as the Missionary In charge

Read More



Events
No Events


Get in Touch

CSI Bishop’s Office,
Kottayam - 686 001, Kerala.

0481-2566536
csimkdbishopsoffice@gmail.com
csimkdktm@gmail.com
csimkdbishopsoffice@yahoo.com

Enquiry

Our Gallery

Gallery